Top 5 Highest Rated Golf GPS Units
Based on consumer opinions and my own research the following is a list of the top 5 highest rated golf GPS units on the market. Each mini report includes the features and benefits that separate the GPS from the competition.
Click the link on the title of each unit for a complete report with consumer feedback.
Size: 2.6″ Screen
Included: Approach G3, Belt clip, USB cable, Owner’s manual
The detailed golf course maps provide golfers with accurate distance information about fairways, hazards and greens from any position on the course.
As you move through the course, the G3 unit will continuously update your position and show you the distance to each target or hazard.
The Approach G3 is a durable, waterproof touchscreen GPS unit with exacting distance measurements for thousands of pre-loaded courses.
Probably the most precise, durable and user-friendly golf GPS on the market. Fancy color graphics of some units have been traded for clarity and readability in the Garmin GolfLogix.
Unit holds up to 20 courses, and is very light weight. If you care about having the “latest” flashy GPS unit then the GolfLogix is not for you. However, it is made by Garmin, and may in fact be the most accurate golf GPS on the market.
- No membership or download fees.
- Stores up to 20,000 courses and 1,000 scores; target information is preloaded.
- Large, high-resolution color screen with dynamic green view which changes the shape of the green, depending on your angle of approach.
- Runs on a rechargeable 12-hour Lithium Polymer battery with AAA battery backup.
- The exact distance to greens, bunkers, lakes, lay-up points, and hazards.
- Customizable target technology lets you customize your own targets.
With its unique automatic course and hole recognition feature, the GolfBuddy will automatically know which course you are playing and which hole you are on. This feature makes it one of the most popular GPS units for golf.
- Waterproof GPS unit equipped with a 3-inch large easy-to-read screen display
- Pre-programmed with US golf courses and their maps and includes fairways, hazards and greens, this would be the best golf buddy tour GPS device.
- No Course download fees – Capable of downloading new maps without any additional charge.
- Digital Scorecard allowing the handheld unit to be used up to 4 players and also enables you to save the readings for later use.
- The Golf Guru GPS system PDA golf rangefinder is not just a device used in golf course. This excellent all-in-one device enables you to listen to music, play movies, view pictures and with the help of optional software, you could even use this device for road navigation.
- It has free access to over 20,000 golf course maps with 20-channel GPS and offers four read course information view-AerVu, TargetVu, SmartGreenVu and LargeVu.
These are the top rated golf GPS systems on the market. Do your own research to make sure the features match both your needs and budget when you’re ready to buy your golf GPS unit.
Revised Sept. 2011.